This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
    This one seemed to come off the bottom of the bat from a defensive push to a spinner and flew straight over the keeper's head for 6. Not sure how that can happen, but it did.
    Sometimes Miracles Happens too
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

Often when I finish a season I will do contracts and take the team right up until the first game of the next season, then save and exit. Whenever you load the game back up after doing this every player in the squad loses their fitness. It is quite annoying as the first game of the season is when players should be at their fittest, except in this case the whole squad is unfit!
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
        Often when I finish a season I will do contracts and take the team right up until the first game of the next season, then save and exit. Whenever you load the game back up after doing this every player in the squad loses their fitness. It is quite annoying as the first game of the season is when players should be at their fittest, except in this case the whole squad is unfit!
        That sounds bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
          Might be a bug but maybe just a case of answering the question ...
          Should your Reserve Overseas player be allowed to play 2nd XI games ?
          I think he should as how else will they maintain any form ?

My example is Rehman at Somerset - after 2 county games all the other reserves have played 2 2nd XI games and as a result 5 players have in excess of 3 stars of form
          .... Rehman is at 2.5 stars but how will his form improve if he (a) cant play any games, and (b) if he can't receive any coaching ?
          I don't think they should. In real life extra overseas players only generally come to the county when the main one can't play, they don't usually hang around all summer playing 2nd XI county cricket. Though I guess if you had an unknown reserve overseas player they might.

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
            I don't think they should. In real life extra overseas players only generally come to the county when the main one can't play, they don't usually hang around all summer playing 2nd XI county cricket. Though I guess if you had an unknown reserve overseas player they might.
            Cheers - realised this was a bit of a non issue

I can see what Scritty means about it not being your team until the 2nd season ... Have seen loads of examples where I would rather play the Reserve than the main Overseas guy.

Comment

I don't think they should. In real life extra overseas players only generally come to the county when the main one can't play, they don't usually hang around all summer playing 2nd XI county cricket.
              They definitely shouldn't play 2nd team cricket but rather play domestic cricket in their own respective countries. When we pick a reserve they literally have NO cricket other than from an injury, etc from the main.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                They definitely shouldn't play 2nd team cricket but rather play domestic cricket in their own respective countries. When we pick a reserve they literally have NO cricket other than from an injury, etc from the main.
                But, there isn't any domestic cricket to play because during the English season it's the off-season everywhere else.

Comment

But, there isn't any domestic cricket to play because during the English season it's the off-season everywhere else.
                  But the reserve overseas player doesn't play single FC, OD or T20 match (unless called up for international duty) for the whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                    But the reserve overseas player doesn't play single FC, OD or T20 match (unless called up for international duty) for the whole season.
                    They do, if you look at your reserve overseas player's profile the season after you have him he'll have played matches. In the game each new season begins in April meaning the non-English leagues come after the English season. Thus during the English season there won't be any matches showing on their profile for the current season, they come afterwards.
                    Last edited by bnd3; 08-02-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

They do, if you look at your reserve overseas player's profile the season after you have him he'll have played matches. In the game each new season begins in April meaning the non-English leagues come after the English season. Thus during the English season there won't be any matches showing on their profile for the current season, they come afterwards.
                      Oh right, maybe I just didn't notice that..

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                        This is in England domestic?

And to confirm you are saying their fitness worsens from saving to loading it back?

Comment

There is still the issue that when you injure one of the opposition's batsmen you can't get full bowling bonus points.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                            This is in England domestic?

And to confirm you are saying their fitness worsens from saving to loading it back?
                            Yes and yes.
                            YouTube
                            Facebook

Comment

The records page for the Aussie T20 competition don't work properly. Ravi Bopara, who has played IPL in the same season, has scored the most runs in the Big Bash for me. However, Luke Ronchi is shown as the record holder. Luke Ronchi's T20 figures for Wellington are also included in the records. Regardless of whether Bopara's IPL figures should be included or not he's still scored more runs than Ronchi and should be showing as the record holder.

Comment

As mentioned by somebody else already, not enough drawn games in AI v AI County Championship matches.

Comment

Working...
                                X