This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Errors

Please see other stickied threads for full bug fixes.

Relevant changes:
    Further amendments to player database (forum feedback).
    Adjusted player abilities for 2nd tier Indian teams.
    Included Aus state and T20 squad changes.

A note on Aus T20 changes. There are two changes which might get noted as errors. David Warner and Crosthwaite. Warner is very likely to play for same as last year due to being captain. Crosthwaite is in as Adelaide don't have a keeper otherwise.

We will update this in any further patches if more signings are announced.

I'm going to go in to the other DB thread and pull over any changes, I think there have been some posts since this versions database was finalised.

Fire up a new save and see what you think.

Again, please remember these changes will only come in to effect on new saves.

---------

Suggested changes carried over:

Tymal Mills improvement
    Gary Ballance to aggressive or higher
    Azeem Rafiq improvement
    Matt Henry batting improvement
    Sinclair to medium (or defensive, his List A strike rate in recent seasons hasn't been too bad) bat aggression

There have been changes made elsewhere (some changes I disagreed with, so didn't make, mostly ability wise), particularly to Indian 20 over, so see how that is with a new save.

As I've said in previous years, best way to make a judgement on ability is to look at different saves and over several seasons.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-26-2012, 06:26 PM.

Heard that Ballance is eligible for England now in some article.

Comment

Why is Mitch Marsh opening the bowling for Western Australia? he's not a bowler. He's more a batsmen. His bowling rating needs to be put down and his batting rating should be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy_s View Post
        Why is Mitch Marsh opening the bowling for Western Australia? he's not a bowler. He's more a batsmen. His bowling rating needs to be put down and his batting rating should be higher.
        But my view are different he has some X factor good bowler too as well as
        ability of great captaincy
        After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
        Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
          But my view are different he has some X factor good bowler too as well as
          ability of great captaincy
          1. He's not fast enough to open the bowling
          2. Captains dont open the bowling
          3. He's a batting all-rounder. Which either means a) his bowling's overrated b) everyone else's is underrated c) there's a lot of players on international duty.
          The only reason he would ever open the bowling is in a limited overs game on a really slow pitch to give the batsmen no pace to work with, yet still implement a fast bowler's swing

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
            3. He's a batting all-rounder. Which either means a) his bowling's overrated b) everyone else's is underrated c) there's a lot of players on international duty.
            The only reason he would ever open the bowling is in a limited overs game on a really slow pitch to give the batsmen no pace to work with, yet still implement a fast bowler's swing
            Hysterical - number 2 !!
            didn't realise this was some sort of rule
            Does this mean broad will never open the bowling in international 20/20 games ?
            Or afridi when he was captain ? Or gayle ?
            Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 07-28-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Chris Cooke of Glamorgan is a Batsmen Keeper not just a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro View Post
                Chris Cooke of Glamorgan is a Batsmen Keeper not just a keeper.
                I used to think this about nearly every keeper. I'm now fairly sure that the batsman/keeper symbol is reserved for part-time keepers, and it is assumed that all keepers are batsmen.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                  Wasim Akram captained and opened the bowling

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
                    I used to think this about nearly every keeper. I'm now fairly sure that the batsman/keeper symbol is reserved for part-time keepers, and it is assumed that all keepers are batsmen.
                    True but for Glamorgan he has yet to keep I think and when he plays he plays as a batsman. Glam's second choice keeper is Will Bragg.

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro View Post
                      True but for Glamorgan he has yet to keep I think and when he plays he plays as a batsman. Glam's second choice keeper is Will Bragg.
                      Okay if that's what you're saying - that he's a part-time keeper - I'm not disagreeing with you.

Comment

Kevin Pietersen is believed to be considering a deal to play in the Big Bash League, with Melbourne Renegades and both Sydney sides - the Sixers and the Thunder - hoping to secure his signature.

Kevin Pietersen is believed to be considering a deal to play in the Big Bash League, with Melbourne Renegades and both Sydney sides hoping to secure his signature

Just bit of info, so in the next patch if he does sign to one of the teams, it would be great if hes included

Comment

Okay I don't know if this is a database error, but I see when I play English domestic season with Lancashire that Abdul razzaq is signed to play 20/20 AND List A which is great and when I play Aus domestic that S.Afridi is signed to one of the teams.

But if I play Indian league and control an international side like Pakistan that hes not signed to play for them and same as S.Afridi is not signed to BBL team, as I think both should be listed to play for their respective domestic teams abroad while playing in all modes.

Cause it takes the realism away, it would be good to see them playing overseas leagues. Cause in previous versions, Pakistan domestic players did get signed to English county teams and it was listed at the top when you click on them that they play for say Lancashire and Pakistan, or play for surrey and Pakistan etc...

Comment

How come Johan Botha is allowed to play for South Australia if it says that overseas players are only allowed to play in T20 games?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick134 View Post
                              How come Johan Botha is allowed to play for South Australia if it says that overseas players are only allowed to play in T20 games?!?!?
                              This is because South Australia have a deal with Botha in real life that means he will captain our team their team for 2 years in one day and FC. Shield teams are allowed an overseas player, they just generally opt against it.

Comment

Working...
                              X