No announcement yet.

Yorkshire and New Zealand Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Liam Dawson really be picked for England in the first year of a save game?

Comment

Yorkshire vs Derbyshire

Finally, a win!!!!!!!!

I gambled on bringing Rafiq back and it worked as Derbyshire were restricted to 218 and then Yorkshire knocked off the target with 5 wickets in hand.

Batting Award:Joe Root, awesome innings, should be a serious contender for an England spot.

Bowling Award: Mitchell Starc, well bowled

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
        Why you not crop the image and paste in proper way
        The photo police have entered the forum

Just because it's different doesn't necessarily mean its wrong

Comment

Yorkshire vs Sussex

What a match!!!

Best match on CC2012 so far!!

With one run needed off 2 overs with 3 wickets in hand Yorkshire looked gone before Mr. Rafiq took 3 wickets in 5 balls to ensure the rarest result in cricketing terms. Justifies Rafiq's selection!!

Batting Award: Jonny Bairstow, good keeper, great batsman

Bowling Award: Mr. Rafiq, cool head under pressure, exactly what you expect from the skipper!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yorkshire vs Unicorns

Good win.

Quickly Jayden Levitt batted well for the Unicorns. Rafiq bowled well. Root and Jaques knocked of the target with ease.

Batting Award: Phil Jaques, made sure of no upset

Bowling Award: Mr. Rafiq, I am starting to like this guy!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yorkshire vs Northants

With bad weather looming I made a gamble by dropping Rafiq for Patterson and preparing a seamers pitch. This meant I had 4 quicks and Rashid. Yorkshire batted first and made 309 and a good century was made by Gale. In reply Northants made 257 with Sidebottom getting 3. I declared at 283-8 with a century from Root. Northants won by 2 wickets

Batting Award: Joe Root, the find of the season

Bowling Award: Ryan Sidebottom, boy is he having a golden season.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yorkshire vs Northants

I played Northants in the Challenge Trophy with only one change as Rafiq came in for Patterson. Yorkshire batted first and Gary Ballance and Tim Allison batted extremely well and led them to 253-7. In reply Northants folded for 236 with Ashraf getting 5 wickets

Batting Award: You may be shocked but I thought Tim Allison played a super innings. He is definitely a prospect for the future.

Bowling Award: Another find as Moin Ashraf has stepped up to the plate this year.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Is James Harris a bit overrated? He has got 66 wickets in 10 games!!!

Comment

Yorkshire vs Glamorgan

I travelled to Glamorgan to play a county match. It was a low scorer with Yorkshire being bowled out for 108 with Allison the only guy to be among the runs with a 40. Glamorgan managed only a 50 run lead as Sidebottom took 5 and Starc took 3. In the 2nd innings we managed 223 with Ballance getting 50. Glamorgan knocked of the target with relative ease winning by 6 wickets.

Batting Award: Tim Allison, he is playing well but will need to step up to make himself a regular in the team.

Bowling Award: Ryan Sidebottom, ageing but has been amazing this season.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Points Tables as of 15 June 2012

These are the Group C Challenge Trophy Points Tables and County Championship Division 2.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

Yorkshire vs Durham

Yorkshire played Durham in the first match of their 20 over campaign. Yorkshire bowled first and were off to a great start with Moin Ashraf getting Herschelle Gibbs caught behind first ball but it was downhill from there as they were going as they have 130 of 10 overs but a collapse restricted them to 188. In the chase we got off to a terrible start losing Root 3rd ball but we never kept up with the run rate and needed 26 off 2 overs with 4 wickets in hand. Rashid and Starc were batting. Rashid fell first ball and then Rafiq and Sidebottom both went in the same over and 24 was required of the last over with only 1 wicket in hand. The positive was that Starc was on strike. The first ball went for 4 but Starc was bowled going for the big shot next ball.

Batting Award: Jonny Bairstow, held the innings together

Bowling Award: Adil Rashid 4-0-18-1, awesome figures and kept the runs down at the death.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yorkshire vs Leics

Yorkshire played Leics next and with no changes it shaped up to be a thriller. Yorkshire were in trouble but Jonny Bairstow propelled them to 171 with 62 of 22 balls. Then an all-round team bowling performance led them to a 41 run win.

Batting Award: Jonny Bairstow, what can I say.

Bowling Award: All the bowlers did well and I can't single out 1.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yorkshire vs Derbyshire

Yorkshire played Derbyshire and were given an absoloute drubbing. Rafiq bowled well but Derbyshire still reached 192. In reply Yorkshire were bowled out for 112. No one deserves an award.

Comment

Yorkshire vs Durham

Yorkshire played Durham and were back to winning habits winning comfortably by 9 wickets. Starc and Sidebottom bowled very well to restrict Durham to 126 and Joe Root and Phil Jaques pretty much got them over the line and when Jaques fell with 3 required for victory Hamilton Masakadza came in and smashed his first ball for 4.

Batting Award: Phil Jaques, made sure of no collapse with a steady 66

Bowling Award: Mitchell Starc, economical, took a few wickets, all that I expect

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yorkshire vs Nottinghamshire

Terrible, just terrible

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X