England under DaveK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England under DaveK

As the title may suggest, I’m going to be taking charge of England for this story and try to keep them as the dominant force of cricket.

Before I start playing I’ll list the fixtures for the year, and also a list of players that will be in and around the squad for now that I know of. Call it a shortlist if you will, but it will help to see which players could potentially play for me this season at least.

Fixtures:
    West Indies (Home) 3 Tests, 3 ODIs, 1T20I

Australia (Home) 5 ODIs

South Africa (Home) 3 Tests, 5 ODIs, 3 T20Is

World T20 in Sri Lanka

India (Away) 4 Tests, 5 ODIs, 2 T20Is

New Zealand (Away) 3 Tests, 5 ODIs, 2 T20Is

Not exactly a peaceful start, as we play a lot of games, against strong opposition. Without disrespect to the WIndies, I’m going to have to use that series to look at players, because I can’t afford to show complacency against either SAfrica or India. New Zealand will then hopefully be less stressful, but I can’t guarantee that!

Next up, my current shortlist of players:

Openers:
    A Hales
    A Strauss
    A Cook

Middle Order Batsmen:
    J Trott
    K Pietersen
    R Bopara
    J Taylor
    I Bell
    E Morgan

Keepers:
    M Prior
    J Bairstow
    S Davies
    C Kieswetter
    J Buttler

All-rounders:
    S Broad
    S Patel
    T Bresnan
    B Stokes
    C Woakes

Pace Bowlers:
    J Anderson
    S Finn
    G Onions
    J Dernbach
    S Meaker
    C Tremlett

Spinners:
    G Swann
    S Borthwick
    D Briggs

There are players missing from this list admittedly, but I’m going to wait until the season starts before I look at others, these are guys that I am aware of currently.
    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

England vs West Indies 3 match Test Series

TEAMS ANNOUNCED

The West Indies tour team is as follows:
    K Edwards
    A Barath
    D Bravo
    S Chanderpaul
    K Powell
    A Fudadin
    D Ramdin
    N Deonarine
    M Samuels
    D Sammy
    T Best
    F Edwards
    R Rampaul
    K Roach
    S Shillingford
    S Gabriel

The England 12 selected by me for the first test match is fairly standard:
    A Strauss
    A Cook
    J Trott
    I Bell
    K Pietersen
    R Bopara
    M Prior
    T Bresnan
    S Broad
    G Swann
    J Anderson
    S Finn

The team pretty much selects itself, with the last place contested by Bopara and Bresnan. That decision will be made on the day depending on the pitch conditions.

Comment

Team Sheets:

England:
      A Strauss
      A Cook
      J Trott
      I Bell
      K Pietersen
      M Prior
      T Bresnan
      S Broad
      G Swann
      J Anderson
      S Finn

Bresnan gets the nod for this match, as the pitch looks as if it will be good for bowlers later on, and there will be more overcast conditions as well. Hopefully, if I can win the first two tests of the series, I can bring in some of the younger players, but it will require players like Bresnan to perform in these matches.

West Indies:
      A Barath
      K Powell
      D Bravo
      K Edwards
      M Samuels
      N Deonarine
      D Ramdin
      D Sammy
      R Rampaul
      F Edwards
      K Roach

No Chanderpaul, he has a broken finger, so hopefully the West Indies batting line-up will crumble without their talisman.

Toss Update: England have lost the toss and will bowl, match report to follow…

Comment

Match Report:

Day 1:
        England took day 1 comfortably. West Indies chose to bat first, but it backfired horribly, as the pace bowlers did damage early on. Edwards did show some resistance, as did Powell, but it was never enough, and the WIndies were definitely missing Chanderpaul. Their day got worse with an injury to Denesh Ramdin, as they lose their keeper for the match.
        England lost wickets early before Strauss and Pietersen started to build, Strauss falling just before the close of play, just 50 behind.

Day 2:
        England’s day again. We batted right up to 15 mins left of the day. Pietersen and Bell batted well, but once Pietersen fell, some of the other batting collapsed. Broad and Anderson put on some useful runs as well. Without Ramdin, the WIndies conceded over 40 byes. Not a good day for the sub keeper.

Day 3:
        Game over. The West Indies just couldn’t deal with the England seamers, although they did a better job than the first innings. Anderson bowled well again, and economically. Edwards and Barath provided resistance, but in the end England shone through and took the first test.

Batting Award: Pietersen, he lead the innings, and scored more than the WIndies did in total in their first innings!

Bowling Award: Anderson, the most consistent bowler ahead of Swann, and gets it due to the amount of wickets taken.

Comment

nice Start

Good Luck
          After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
          Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
            nice Start

Good Luck
            Thanks Hopefully this is the sign of things to come!

Comment

Second Test: Teams

Tremlett replaces Bresnan in the 12 man squad, in the only change.

England:
              A Strauss
              A Cook
              J Trott
              I Bell
              K Pietersen
              M Prior
              S Broad
              G Swann
              J Anderson
              S Finn
              C Tremlett

Tremlett replaces Bresnan, Bopara misses out due to the favourable bowling conditions.

WIndies:
              A Barath
              K Powell
              S Chanderpaul
              D Bravo
              K Edwards
              M Samuels
              N Deonarine
              D Sammy
              R Rampaul
              F Edwards
              K Roach

Chanderpaul replaces the injured Ramdin, not sure who is keeping, certainly no recognised keeper.

Toss: England win the toss and bowl first in favourable conditions….

Comment

Match Report:

Day 1:
                An even day, but we should have got the WIndies out much earlier. Chanderpaul and Rampaul frustrated the bowlers, as did the rest of the tail end.
                We then lost Strauss early on, but hopefully it won’t affect us too much.

Day 2:
                We finished the day 89 runs ahead, after batting through the day. Cook got a century, as did KP, and we sit in pole position going into day 3, with only 3 wickets down. Plenty of time for us to get plenty more runs.

Day 3:
                England dominated play today. Trott got to a double century by the end of play, Bell got a century, and Matt Prior just missed out. Even the byes column got into the 80s! There was an overnight declaration by England, so the West Indies are over 400 behind with 2 days to hold out. The game looks as good as won now.

Day 4:
                The WIndies have one wicket left, so they have lasted longer than I expected. But unless they can get another 200, it’s going to be another innings defeat for them, and also the series win for us. Chanderpaul was the mainstay, but he has gone, so the rest should be easy.

Day 5:
                Anderson picks up the last wicket, and that’s the game over. Comfortable.

Batting Award: Plenty to choose from, but Trott gets it for a great double century.

Bowling Award: Anderson, once again, some great bowling, picking up 10 wickets in the match.

Comment

Third Test: Teams

Having won the series now, I am going to rest the main team, and put my potential stars into the team. Therefore, the 12 players selected are:

J Denly
                  A Hales
                  V Chopra
                  S Davies
                  J Roy
                  J Taylor
                  J Bairstow
                  S Patel
                  C Woakes
                  R Topley
                  D Briggs
                  J Harris

Out of these, Denly misses out.

The WIndies remain unchanged. Still no sign of a keeper. Not quite sure who is keeping, but maybe they will bring a second one next time.

Toss: England win, and bat first…

Comment

Match Report

Day 1:
                    We reached a commanding 427/7 by the end of day on, the total aided once again by the keeper. It turns out the mystery keeper is none other than Darren Bravo, his name revealed only when he caught an edge from James Taylor. Most of the batsmen did well, only Varun Chopra failing, so once again, we are in a good position, with plenty of time.

Day 2:
                    We managed to bat through the first session with ease, posting a total above 500. The West Indies are managing to get runs this time, but against a weakened attack. A moment of pride for Reece Topley, the 18 year old from Essex, though, as he bowled Shiv for 10. The WIndies finish on 178/3, leaving the match evenly poised.

Day 3:
                    Following on must be a regular feeling for the West Indies. Some good bowling saw the batting skittled out, and they missed out by 22 runs. By the end of play,it was 106/3, the top order all gone, but with the important Chanderpaul still at the crease. England lead at this stage by 115.

Day 4:
                    West Indies finish 174 ahead going into the last day but with 3 wickets remaining. Topley dismissed Chanderpaul for the 2nd time in the match, but only after he and Edwards managed to put together a good partnership.

Day 5:
                    In the end, it was easy. We knocked off the last 3 wickets for only 7 more runs, leaving us only 183 to chase. We lost Hales and Roy early on, but Chopra got his first half century, and Taylor batted well, to get us the win and the series whitewash. Some of these youngsters will certainly be considered for the one day series, as I look to get a one day team ready capable of winning the world cup in 3 years time.

Batting award: James Taylor, a half century in both innings, already showing some maturity at test level.

Bowling Award: James Harris. Consistent in both innings, and took wickets at vital times. Again, one to watch for the future.

Stats for the series to follow.

Comment

What is current Ranking of England

Is this easy or normal mode
                      Is my Next Dream

Comment

What is current Ranking of England

Is this easy or normal mode
                        It's normal mode, and the rankings are 3rd in tests, 1st in ODI, and 2nd in T20Is. Sorry, probably should have put that at the start

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
                          It's normal mode, and the rankings are 3rd in tests, 1st in ODI, and 2nd in T20Is. Sorry, probably should have put that at the start
                          No Problem but You can put ranking chart after every session or series

Although description is good
                          Is my Next Dream

Comment

No Problem but You can put ranking chart after every session or series

Although description is good
                            I'm considering doing it every season, or perhaps twice; end of the domestic season, and the start. It's something to look at.

And thanks, I have been trying to be a little bit more detailed on this one, and I quite like the format I'm using this time. Imager36's story seems to be very good for formatting on an international level, so something half as good as that would suit me.

Comment

England Test Stats

I'm not going into excessive detail, but here are the stats:

England:

West Indies:

I got to look at a lot of England players in this series, and some did well. It's certainly given me a lot to think about. Usually, these stats will go in the post for the last game of the series, but I completely forgot! My apologies

I have finished the WIndies tour of England now, so expect to see the ODI and T20I games appear on here soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X