New South Wales & Sydney Red Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New South Wales & Sydney Red Story

Okay, this is something different for me. I personally have only the slightest clue regarding Australian state cricket. BUT I've decided to do a story on Aussie State cricket due to it being something different so I'll actually stay interested.

I've decided to take control of New South Wales and Sydney Red (T20), due to having family in that part of Australia!

Squads are to follow!

Wish me luck!

Alex

New South Wales Squad

So, here's my squad..... I haven't changed the 28 man squad from what it originally was. There was really no need, and I don't really know the lower profile players of my own squad anyway!

Anyway, my squad seems pretty strong, we have the clear high profile players and to back those up there seems to be a few decent youngsters. Batting orders and things may be guesswork to start with! This should be fun

New South Wales

Opening Batsmen
    Tim Cruickshank
    Scott Henry
    David Warner
    Nic Maddinson

Other Batsmen
    Michael Clarke
    Daniel Hughes
    Kurtis Patterson
    Ben Rohrer

Wicket Keepers
    David Dawson
    Brad Haddin
    Peter Nevill

All Rounders
    Shane Watson
    Steve O'Keefe
    Steven Smith
    Moises Henriques

Bowlers
    Sean Abbott
    Nic Bills
    Doug Bollinger
    Harry Conway
    Trent Copeland
    Pat Cummins
    Luke Doran
    Josh Hazlewood
    Josh Lalor
    Gurinder Sandhu
    Chris Tremain
    Adam Zampa
    Mitchell Starc

And there we go! An overload of bowlers and a load of names I've never heard before. (To be fair, I know more than I thought I did!)

Any advice is welcome
    Last edited by UTBash; 09-19-2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Sydney Red Squad

And here is the Sydney Red T20 squad! I have added Faf Du Plessis, Yuvraj Singh, Liam Davies (Bat) and 21 year old Batsman Stuart Garforth. We look quite light on our batting still to be honest...

Sydney Red

Opening Batsmen
      Nic Maddinson
      Liam Davis
      Faf Du Plessis

Other Batsmen
      Kurtis Patterson
      Dominic Thornely
      Stuart Garforth

Wicket Keepers
      Brad Haddin
      Daniel Smith

All Rounders
      Yuvraj Singh
      Steve O'Keefe
      Steven Smith
      Moises Henriques
      Ian Moran

Bowlers
      Josh Hazlewood
      Josh Lalor
      Brett Lee
      Sunil Narine
      Mitchell Starc

I can't act like I'm not disappointed we don't have Watson or Warner!

Comment

South Australia vs New South Wales teams (OD Cup)

Our first game is here, and it's in the One Day cup vs South Australia.

The Line Ups are:

NSW: Haddin, Warner, Maddinson, Clarke, Watson, Smith, O'Keefe, Starc, Cummins, Copeland, Bollinger.

S. Aus: Hughes, Klinger, Ferguson, Cooper, Botha, Christian, Smith, Crossthwaite, Lyon, George, Putland.

We have an absolute dream of bowling options and the batting is equally as strong, I'd go as far as saying we could compete to some extent at international level with the side we have! Hopefully I can do the side some justice in my "captaincy" in the one dayers!

Comment

South Australia vs New South Wales MATCH (OD Cup)

We won the toss and decided to bowl!

South Australia Innings
          Phil Hughes and Michael Klinger to open the batting.
          Pat Cummins and Doug Bollinger will take the new ball.

GREAT START! After two overs, SA are 4-2, with the only runs being 4 byes and Bollinger taking 2 wickets in two balls!
          10 Over Update: SA 40-2. Hughes 17* Cooper 12* Bollinger 2-14.
          WICKET! Hughes goes for 22 (46) as he is caught by Maddinson off the bowling of Watson. 65-3 from 14.2.
          20 Over Update: SA 87-3. Cooper 37* Hughes 22 Bollinger 2-14 Watson 1-28.
          WICKET! Cooper cracks under the pressure for 49 (66). He is caught behind off the bowling of O'Keefe.
          WICKET! Copeland strikes with his third ball. Christian gone for a cameo of 19 from 15 balls.
          30 Over Update: SA 153-5. Cooper 49 Botha 42* Bollinger 2-14 Copeland 1-10.
          WICKET! Botha is gone for 55 from 68 balls. Bowled by Pat Cummins. 179-6 from 36.5.
          WICKETS! Two in two for Steve Smith, having James Smith (21) and Lyon caught behind in successive balls. 179-8!
          40 Over Update: SA 181-8. Botha 55 Cooper 49 Bollinger 2-15 Smith 2-15.
          ALL OUT! Steve Smith takes 2 more in 3 balls to dismiss SA for 189 from 40.5 overs.

New South Wales Innings
          Haddin and Warner to open the batting.
          Putland and George to open the bowling.

WICKET! Danger man Warner gone for 8 from 14 balls, LBW to George. 12-1.
          10 Over Update: NSW 37-1. Haddin 15* Maddinson 14* George 1-24.
          FIFTY! Maddinson reaches 50 from 63 balls in the 20th over!
          20 Over Update: NSW 91-1 Maddinson 50* Haddin 32* George 1-33.
          WICKET! A few quiet overs and Haddin goes for 36 from 58, bowled by Botha.
          WICKET! One brings Two as Maddinson falls for 62 from 81! 112-3.
          30 Over Update: NSW 124-3. Maddinson 62 Haddin 36 Botha 2-16 George 1-33. 66 required from 20.
          WICKET! Watson goes to Putland for 11 from 26 balls!
          WICKET! Steve Smith is Putland's second victim. He goes for 13 from 14 balls.
          40 Over Update: NSW 169-5. Maddinson 62 Haddin 36 Botha 2-32 Putland 2-32. 21 from 10 overs needed.
          WICKET! SA live in hope as they dismiss O'Keefe for 7 from 11 balls. 174-6 from 41.
          GAME OVER! Mitchell Starc hits the winning runs, clipping the ball for four!

New South Wales win by 4 wickets

An easy enough win when our batting didn't fully come together as a team Good signs.

Batting Award
          Nic Maddinson - 62 from 81 balls, batted most of the innings, a mature innings by the 20 year old.

Bowling Award
          Steve Smith - 5.5-1-21-4, swiftly finished the South Australians off!
          Last edited by UTBash; 09-20-2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UTBash View Post
            Okay, this is something different for me. I personally have only the slightest clue regarding Australian state cricket. BUT I've decided to do a story on Aussie State cricket due to it being something different so I'll actually stay interested.

I've decided to take control of New South Wales and Sydney Red (T20), due to having family in that part of Australia!

Squads are to follow!

Wish me luck!

Alex
            Well done on starting an Australian story. I was going to do one too but I just got too busy. Use Abbott to your advantage as he is a dangerous weapon.

Comment

You are the First One start Australian Story Congrats !!
              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
              Is my Next Dream

Comment

South Australia vs New South Wales (Aus League)

Team News

NSW: Maddinson, Warner, Patterson, Clarke, Watson, Smith, Nevill, O'Keefe, Cummins, Copeland, Bollinger.

SA: Hughes, Klinger, Ferguson, Botha, Christian, Cooper, Head, Crossthwaite, Lyon, George, Putland.

We make some changes, leaving Starc and Haddin out. We bring in Nevill and 19 year old Patterson.

Comment

South Australia vs New South Wales MATCH (Aus League)

We won the toss and bowled first!

South Australia 1st Inns
                  They started off well in hard conditions and they ended the first session of day one on 106-2, with Hughes batting well on 61 not out. Shane Watson had took both of the wickets. Botha ably supported Hughes before falling on 51, which sparked another wicket, the big one of Phil Hughes for 113, leaving SA vulnerable to a collapse on 214-4. However, our bowling didn't quite come together as we allowed them to reach 436 all out, with Cooper scoring 96 and 18 year old Head making 60.

NSW 1st Inns
                  We lost an early wicket, that of the in form Maddinson for just 9 runs. Young Kurtis Patterson made an immediate impact, smashing two fours in two balls. He continued his aggression until he fell for 41 from 42 balls, caught off the bowling of Botha as we fell to 72-2. Warner shortly followed for 30 and we were now struggling at 85-3. We collapsed and collapsed and collapsed, to 184-9. From here was our highest partnership of the innings, 86, between our number 10 and 11. Bollinger who batted 11 was our highest scorer, making 50 from 77 balls, Copeland made 33 not out.

NSW 2nd Inns Follow On
                  Maddison tallied up his runs for the match as 10, going for 1 in the first over! Patterson followed in the next for 0. At 2-2 it was looking ominous. If that was bad, 5-3 was even worse, Warner this time for 3! I'm getting sick of talking about wickets!! 10-4, Clarke gone...... Well, the only positives of the innings were Steve Smith and O'Keefe doing their best to rebuild, both scoring half centuries. At 25-5 we had no chance. SA needed 34 to win.

South Australia 2nd Inns
                  They won, 4 wickets down, maybe it was the wrong choice to bowl first as this wicket seems to have become horrendously bad over the four days! Still an awful performance.

Awards
                  NONE! hehe.
                  Last edited by UTBash; 09-20-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Hey mate,

Just a quick tip as I play with Australian State teams a lot I recommend using Ben Roher as much as you can before he is too old. He is a strike player for me averaging 78 since I have taken over as coach. Luke Doran and Sandhu are two great young bowlers give them plenty of experience before relying on them as strike players which they are, I found 20 FC matches is plenty
                    Good Luck

Comment

Is that the G Sandhu that plays for Middlesex in ICC2012? Did take wickets in the shortform games, but I offloaded him after year 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X