Another Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Glitch

There is one more glitch in this game. When playing with an english county side and at the end of every season we have to choose players to strengthen our side for all the formats. When i choose the Foreign player on whom it is mentioned that they are available for whole season, despite of that, they are absent for 50-60% of the season which is irritating.

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
    There is one more glitch in this game. When playing with an english county side and at the end of every season we have to choose players to strengthen our side for all the formats. When i choose the Foreign player on whom it is mentioned that they are available for whole season, despite of that, they are absent for 50-60% of the season which is irritating.

That is irritating. We really should know likely test & ODI schedules as well as T20 plans when negaotiating with foreigners. Although, I don't have a problem with plans going awry every now and then to keep things interesting.

The whole off season contract negotiations facet has the potential to be the best part of this game if developed.

Comment

It is irritating but sometimes these things happen

If a players is nowhere near the international squad but then picks up loads of runs or wickets whilst playing for your county then a call-up for him would be deserved/expected wouldn't it.

I never take the 100% too seriously as there are so many factors in the background than can affect this

I suffered when the day before the Australian 20/20 Cup Semi Final (Big Bash) 6 of my team, all who had played in the previous 7 league games were then called up by Australia.
      Of the 6, 3 of them wouldn't have got anywhere near the squad if it wasn't for their performances over the last 7 games.
      As a result my team for the semi consisted of 2 keepers, 3 batsmen and 6 bowlers !! ... and no all-rounders

I won both the semi and the final
      ... but on paper I should have been decimated by the opposition

Good form deserved international recognition so maybe it's not too far fetched is it ?

I guess what does need to be worked on is when for example an established International player -Watson, Kohli, Steyn, Cook (guys who are available, and get selected for all 3 formats of the international game) are listed as 100% availability for the new season
      .... when we all know there is no way that you'll get them for the entire season

Just wanted to end on the fact that this does not change my huge enjoyment for the game both on desktop and iPhone
      - well done Chris !!
      Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 10-26-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X