Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proteas of the future. ICC 2013 should aim greater accuracy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amla has announced today that he is leaving the Dolphins and moving to Cape Town to play for the Cobras! That is the first squad change I notice.

The Cobras international test players are now Smith, Amla, Duminy, Kallis, Steyn Philander and Kleinveldt - pretty handy when they are all there at the beginning of next season for a couple of matches!

Comment

Chris Morris - I notice he is now playing in the Indian 20 over, his batting stats look a bit inflated, is it fair to see he's more of a bowler who can bat a bit? His batting record in the last 12 months isn't anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Chris Morris - I notice he is now playing in the Indian 20 over, his batting stats look a bit inflated, is it fair to see he's more of a bowler who can bat a bit? His batting record in the last 12 months isn't anything special.
        Yeah I was wondering that too. Before the IPL I'd only heard of him through Cricket Captain and he was batting at 3 and basically a part time bowler for the South African team.

Comment

I would say he is more of a bowler for sure. A possible batsman 8 in the future at international level? Maybe a 7 at best..
          Last edited by Graham_5000; 04-27-2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

My personal view is that Morris will play regularly in the limited overs teams (he has already played a few), and that Abbott, Gqamane, Viljoen and who knows, maybe young Savage have more test match potential.

Comment

Another player who's abilities needs to be reduced is Deeb. After about 3/4 years into the game he is the main spinner in the SA team in all formats and is ranked in the top 20 in all formats.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade007 View Post
                Another player who's abilities needs to be reduced is Deeb. After about 3/4 years into the game he is the main spinner in the SA team in all formats and is ranked in the top 20 in all formats.
                I agree. I think he has been mentioned earlier somewhere, alongside Piedt and Simetu. I think that a greater random element should apply to some of these young players. In some saved games they should become test legends, whilst in others mediocre domestic players at best!

Comment

Victor Mpitsang, Free State and Knights, not played in 15 months, I am assuming he's retired?

Comment

Victor Mpitsang, Free State and Knights, not played in 15 months, I am assuming he's retired?
                    You are right! He is a great pundit now..

Comment

Tshabalala is no longer around is he, no real game in over 2 years?

Comment

Tshabalala is no longer around is he, no real game in over 2 years?
                        He plays in a local league in Gauteng, so I doubt he will return; he is also doing good work coaching youngsters in schools though.

Comment

What do you think of my SA A side for first class matches? I am not including McLaren, Tsotsobe and Kleinveldt as they already play a bit of T20/ODI.

1 de Kock (wk)
                          2 Rossouw
                          3 van Zyl
                          4 Elgar (He has been keeping Duminy's boots warm in the test team - I think he still has work to do to get into the test team).
                          5 Rudolph (captain - still has some years ahead of him, and an A side needs one or two experienced players)
                          6 Ingram/Miller
                          7 Morris
                          8 Maharaj
                          9 Gqamane / Savage
                          10 Abbott
                          11 B Hendricks / L Williams

Comment

Ryan Bailey has moved from the Knights to the Warriors.

Comment

Tsotsobe has signed for the Lions franchise.

Comment

Most of the signings will happen now, so it should be easy to get them right for the new game and update any other changes in a patch. Tsotsobe has had 3 clubs in as many years now, which is unusual!

I am hoping Morris will make it as a test bowler but I am not sure if he has what it takes, compared with Viljoen, Gqamane, Abbott, even Savage! He is indeed a little like McLaren with better batting!

Comment

Working...
                                X