2013 new features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 new features

What do you think of the features for the new game? I like the varying pitches. An erratic wicket in India is very different to an erratic one in SA or Aus. I also like the look of*the improved close catching as this area needs looking at I reckon..

"NEW CRICKET CAPTAIN 2013 FEATURES:

• “All-time greats” series:
    - Have you ever wondered how Bradman would have fared against Botham? Play a custom-made international series using all-time-great players.

• Classic England vs. Australia scenarios:
    - Play one of five classic test series.

• International on-line:
    - By popular demand, you will now be able to play international test, ODI and T20 matches over the internet.
    - Improved detection of edited teams in all on-line modes.

• Improved close fielding engine and field-settings:
    - Adjustments to the game engine to produce greater realism in close catching and run-scoring.
    - Improved animation for close catches and caught/bowled.

• Choose which teams you want to captain: T20, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions.

• Improvements to international series game modes:
    - Select home or away series.
    - Option to pick the opposition team (allowing you to replay series as they happened).

• Competition statistics:
    - Separate player statistics for current and previous domestic competitions.

• Separate Test, ODI and T20 squads for international fixtures.

Fixtures & Database:

• Updated Fixtures & Database for the 2013 season

Interface & Highlights:

• Completely redesigned interface to provide a beautiful playing experience on all platforms.

• Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces.

More features to follow....."

I love the addition of being allowed to choose what forms you want to manage teams!

Comment

Great News. Can't wait for the release.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade007 View Post
        Great News. Can't wait for the release.
        Me neither. The varying types and sizes of ground is exciting. The grounds vary so much even within South Africa, let alone between countries! Hope these differences are implemented. Weather will hopefully also be improved in terms of accuracy..

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
          What do you think of the features for the new game? I like the varying pitches. An erratic wicket in India is very different to an erratic one in SA or Aus. I also like the look of*the improved close catching as this area needs looking at I reckon..

"NEW CRICKET CAPTAIN 2013 FEATURES:

• “All-time greats” series:
          - Have you ever wondered how Bradman would have fared against Botham? Play a custom-made international series using all-time-great players.

• Classic England vs. Australia scenarios:
          - Play one of five classic test series.

• International on-line:
          - By popular demand, you will now be able to play international test, ODI and T20 matches over the internet.
          - Improved detection of edited teams in all on-line modes.

• Improved close fielding engine and field-settings:
          - Adjustments to the game engine to produce greater realism in close catching and run-scoring.
          - Improved animation for close catches and caught/bowled.

• Choose which teams you want to captain: T20, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions.

- Option to pick the opposition team (allowing you to replay series as they happened).

• Competition statistics:
          - Separate player statistics for current and previous domestic competitions.

• Separate Test, ODI and T20 squads for international fixtures.

Fixtures & Database:

• Updated Fixtures & Database for the 2013 season

Interface & Highlights:

• Completely redesigned interface to provide a beautiful playing experience on all platforms.

• Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces.

More features to follow....."

Still no Australian domestic end of year transfer system?

Comment

Originally posted by rubbers0ul View Post
            Still no Australian domestic end of year transfer system?
            What do you mean by transfer system? Like contract signings?
            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Choose which teams you want to captain: T20, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions.

This is Not clear to me ... Currently We can do this in 2012 so whats new in this

Does their is seperate captains records stats such Best captain wining percentage
              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
              Is my Next Dream

Comment

"Choose which teams you want to captain: T20, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions."

I think this is very exciting. We see that some international coaches coach tests only and leave the 50 and 20 overs for someone else. It will be great fun mixing and matching. When managing a nation it will be nice to keep a hand in that country's domestic scene, managing just one competition.

What new leagues are being added this year? Controlling an international team is made more fun when playing as a domestic team from that country too. It allows you to get a feel for new players coming through who might be good for international matches. At the moment Australia and England are the only ones where this is possible. I think this should be expanded to include other countries. South Africa are a fairly significant cricketing nation for example, yet it is not that fun controlling them as the franchises are not in the game.

"Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces."

This is very exciting from a South African fans point of view, as our pitches, weather and playing conditions are not reflected accurately. Are there plans to introduce the main South African pitches? If so then I would consider the following:

Newlands in Cape Town:

Despite being a winter rainfall area, early summer often has a few cloudy/wet days, especially on the Newlands side of Table Mountain. Late summer is normally dry and hot. The pitch is often good for batting, although bowlers often have some green to work with on day 1, especially early on in the season. The wicket is usually pretty fast, but later in the summer, spin sometimes comes into play on day 4 and 5 (unlike at most other South African grounds).

Centurion near Pretoria:

The highveld region has "wet" summers consisting of short sharp thunderstorms or downpours at least 3 times a week for an hour in the afternoon. The rest of the day is usually sunny, sometimes cloudy. Centurion is often quite green, and quick.

The Wanderers in Johannesburg:

Similar to Centurion, although renowned as more of a batting strip (the ground of 438 in 50 overs). Runs often come freely on the quick wickets, although tall fast bowlers also find a bit of bounce. Jozi is 1753 metres, 5751 feet above sea levels, so bowlers are often sapped of energy!

Kingsmead in Durban:

Very wet summers (by South African standards). The tropical climate is muggy, and wet at this time of year, although sometimes the dry season lingers at the beginning of the season, or arrives early at the end. Expect 3 out of 5 days to experience some rain, ranging from drizzle, showers, to downpours and thunderstorms. Traditionally this pitch is quick, green and difficult to bat on. The last few matches a slow wicket has been prepared, although I think they were anomalies.

St Georges in Port Elizabeth

Generally dry, windy summers. The wickets are sometimes slow by South African standards, and there is often something for all bowlers as it can be difficult to score.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post

"
                  Does it mean Squad and the playing XI both, or just one of the two is in our control?

Comment

Does that mean Indian and Pak players will struggle on Saf hard and bouncy pitches? and End and Aus players struggling in subcontinent conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                      Does that mean Indian and Pak players will struggle on Saf hard and bouncy pitches? and End and Aus players struggling in subcontinent conditions?
                      I hope so, that would be an awesome feature.
                      Any idea on the date yet?

Comment

Well not impressed by the support here , They should have released the info first on this forum.

Comment

I think the mods don't have time or inclination (one of the two) to engage with fans. I get the impression they are busy doing other things.

Comment

Definitely the former, we're currently very busy, I'm going to try and get an update on 2013 soon out to you all.

Comment

One thing that might be nice for the new game is for the computer to tailor selections a little more according to the pitch conditions and forecasts. E.g. choosing that extra spinner on a rank turner etc.

I could be wrong but I notice that a spinner is almost always used at over 15 regardless of whether the conditions are suitable for spin, or whether the quicks are being successful. Shorter opening spells should perhaps occasionally be employed by the computer in 4/5 day cricket - especially if an opening bowler is getting the treatment!

I look forward to hearing more about 2013 - I will keep my eye on All Out Cricket. Keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                              X