India Database 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Database 2013

Let's use this thread to discuss Indian players for the upcoming version 2013. I have always noticed how poorly certain players are rated and hopefully with this thread, there ability is reflected better on the game.

Starting off with.

Dhoni- he has to have better ratings. In 2012 version, he was the 4th best Indian keeper which is very wrong. He is one of the best players in world alone.
    Ashwin- Has to be India's best spinner. He might not be in top spinners worldwide but is the best from India. The game needs to correct that
    Sanju Samson- Has to be in the game and with good potential
    Mukund- the potential should be reduced, he seems better in the game than reality. Same thing for Manish Panday, RR Singh
    Jadeja- stats should be improved for both bowling and batting. He is the best allrounder in Indian domestics.

Great idea to start this. What Indian players do you think the game over-rates out of interest?

Comment

I agree with you that Dhoni is quite an under-rated player in the game.His batting ratings need to be improved.
      V Kohli is also an under-rated player in the game.His stats in the game are that of an average player whereas currently he is one of the best ODI batsman in the world.
      Bhuvaneshwar Kumar,Pragyan Ojha and Umesh Yadav's bowling needs to be improved.
      Cheteshwar Pujara's batting too needs to be improved.
      Amit Verma is an over-rated batsman.His batting rating is quite high.
      Iqbal Abdulla is an over rated allrounder.He is of international class in the game whereas in reality he was not even selected for many of Mumbai's Ranji matches this season.
      Then bowlers like Bhargav Bhatt,Basant Mohanty,Rituraj Singh and even to some extent Praveen Kumar are also over rated in the game.

Comment

This is great to see. I personally think that you should consider backing up your over/under rated player observations with stats based on their current form (over the last 12 months).

I would guess that a player's ability is generated partly from the most recent season's stats, but mainly based on overall career stats.. It is useful though to get an idea of a player's ability trajectory if recent (latest season) first class stats are used to back up claims that the player in question is too good/bad in the game.

Comment

MS Dhoni-
          Test average in 2012-2013 has been around 51.
          Test Career average-39.70.
          ODI average in 2012-2013 has been around 58.
          ODI Career average-51.85.
          Whereas in Cricket Captain his average dips to below 30 for every year in both ODI and Tests.
          V Kohli-
          Test Career - 18 matches since 2011 has averaged 41.96.
          ODI's-In past two years has averaged 56.Career average-49.43.In game he averages around 30-35 in both formats.
          C Pujara-
          Has averaged 82.53 in last two years in Test cricket.Career average 65.55.In game he averages around 30.
          P Ojha-
          Since 2012 his bowling average in 11 Tests has been around 26 having picked up 60 wkts.In game he is not that good.
          U Yadav-
          His FC bowling average in 2012-2013 season has been 17.75.Also picked up 16 wkts in the IPL this year and was fairly good for DD.His rating needs to be improved.
          Amit Verma-
          His Ranji batting average this season has been just 28 in 8 matches.His career OD average is around 24.In game he averages around 40-50 every season in both formats which is far from the truth.
          I Abdulla-
          Averaged around 30 with the bowl in 2012-2013 Ranji Trophy in which as I said above played just 3 matches for Mumbai.The year before that he averaged 41 with the ball for Mumbai.His career FC average too is around 31.In OD's last season his average was around 37.In game he tends to average around 20-25 with the ball.
          Bhargav Bhatt-
          His career FC average is around 30 which is ok.But in the last two years his average has been 37(2012) and 45(2011).It's better not to speak about his OD career as he averages 43 with the ball.In game he averages around 20.
          Rituraj Singh-
          He is a fairly new bowler even in India.His career FC bowling average is 31 and OD bowling average is 98.66! In game he is a great bowler averaging in the range of 20-25.
          Bhuvneshwar Kumar-
          Career FC bowling avg-26.55 and OD-27.18 and his International debut year has been going fairly well.But in game he averages above 30 for most of the seasons.His bowling rating certainly needs to be improved.
          Basant Mohanty-
          Is not over-rated as I had wrongly said earlier.He is good in real life too.Has averaged nearly 22 in his FC and OD career with the ball.
          Last edited by Preed; 05-31-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

^^^^^

That's wonderful work and I agree with it completely.

Amit Verma, I Abdulla, Bhargav Bhatt, Rituraj Singh, Sidana, Mukund, Pandey are certain all over rated. Their ability needs to be toned down to reflect the reality correctly.

Then, the likes of Pujara, VK, Raina, Dhoni should be toned up to reflect their recent dominance. (Perhaps Dhawan as well?)

Hopefully the admins, developers, sureshot are looking at this thread carefully and will be using this feedback in the game db. Also, I can help in testing the game so admins let me know if that is possible? Maybe other users can also do for other countries. Let's try to make the db better before when the game is released.

Comment

Originally posted by someone View Post
              Dhoni- he has to have better ratings. In 2012 version, he was the 4th best Indian keeper which is very wrong. He is one of the best players in world alone.
              Ashwin- Has to be India's best spinner. He might not be in top spinners worldwide but is the best from India. The game needs to correct that
              Sanju Samson- Has to be in the game and with good potential
              Mukund- the potential should be reduced, he seems better in the game than reality. Same thing for Manish Panday, RR Singh
              Jadeja- stats should be improved for both bowling and batting. He is the best allrounder in Indian domestics.
              I agree with what you say about Dhoni, Samson and Mukund, but not Ashwin and Jadeja. In my experiences with them in ICC 2012 they're already very good players and don't really need to be any better - Jadeja ends up with a pricetag of well over $1000000 in the IPL in game.

Comment

yes,jadeja n ashwin r pretty decent performers.IMO rohit sharma is also over rated,although i m his fan n it looks pleasing to watch him when he looks in touch..sadly those innings r rare. He may turn out to be gud player in future but currently struggling n game should reflect that.

there is also an issue about spinners .....
                i have played d game with india till 2045.But AI does not select spinners in playing 11...even on turning tracks ...after 2025 when era of current spinners r over.

Comment

The Indian openers will certainly be tricky.

Atm, it seems that Dhawan is the best so surely his ability has to improved greatly compared to ICC 2012.

And then the likes of Sehwag, Gambhir cannot also be ruled out completely. It is not a foregone conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by someone View Post
                    The Indian openers will certainly be tricky.

Atm, it seems that Dhawan is the best so surely his ability has to improved greatly compared to ICC 2012.

And then the likes of Sehwag, Gambhir cannot also be ruled out completely. It is not a foregone conclusion.
                    no i think sehwag and gambir have passed their time there more average batsmen then amazing

Comment

Gambhir is 31 and Sehwag 34. Kallis has also had the odd "poor" year. Don't give up on batsmen who still have some years left! A fast bowler of that age might find it hard to regain form, but batsmen can be great for longer.

Comment

Again, thanks for the helpful feedback.

Comment

Working...
                        X