2012 Biased?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    In fact, I shall be working on the ratings this afternoon whilst watching the ODI.
    What a wonderful sounding afternoon! Have fun..

Comment

i regret posting this.. didn't know how to delete it i sincerely apologise
      Last edited by CharlesDarwini; 06-06-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

sorry that was a bit rude... what i mean to say is.. could you please rate ajmal.. clarke.. amla.. morne morkel.. junaid khan.. mohammed irfan.. ms dhoni.. sangakara .. dilshan..and a few more a bit more highly .. and drop broad... siddle.. jack bird.. butler.. finn.. swann...mitch marsh.. a few unknown indian batsmen.. etc. a bit lower

really sorry for my previous comments..

You guys obviously know better (its your job at the end of the day)

however you may want to take this into context.. not necessarily if you find it stupid :

Talents in the sub-continent(you may not know of.. due to their lack of popularity):

Batsmen:

Umar amin.. very talented with good technique and back in international cricket with good part time medium pace bowling ( avaraged 45 with the bat scoring 767 runs in first class season this year) ( avarage of 35 in first class cricket with the ball in his career at an economy of 2.92 and 24 wickets... whilst in t20's has an average of 23 at an economy of 6.86 with 15 wickets)
        Ahmed shahzad... batted really well in bpl, t20's against south africa.. and has around 2 t20 centuries at only 21 years
        Haris Sohail.. another talented one but with really good technique as well (averaged 134 runs in first class with 673 runs)

Bowlers:

Junaid khan ... amazing talent bowled really well against india.. had injury problems in south africa and avaraged 16 with 41 wickets in first class season)
        Ehsan Adil ... pretty good as well .. really consistent in his line and length has good bounce due to his height as well ( 54 wickets at 17 in first class season this year).. sort of handy with the bat as well
        Raza Hasan .. not amazing but good is all i'm gonna say.. suited to t20's however

All Rounders
        Hammad Azam .. hits it hard and well.. and recently became much better with the ball as well (56 wickets at 20.. and 802 runs at an avarage of 30)

if you guys think this is good info then i could give some more on sri lanka.. india etc. just thought i'll see if you guys see it of any significance then i'll do the rest
        Last edited by CharlesDarwini; 06-06-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
          I think I need to side with Graham on this one- I've played 2012 for many, many hours, with all teams. I always seem to comfortably beat everyone with South Africa and struggle with England (especially in ODI and T20).

I will agree however some players aren't quite rated accordingly, Broad for one, Michael Clarke is another one, then there's the flip side with the overrated ones. I can only trust Nigel and Chris will address this for 2013.

Keep in mind that every Save is a new generated save, so no two saves will be same- one save may have Bopara and England dominating, the next one could have Warner and Australia dominating and England struggling.
          That's the beauty of ICC, it has that unpredictability attached to it that we only see in reality.

Art imitating life.
          I agree in general. However, also after too many hours of playing to count, in nearly every save Australia always dip to one of the worst teams in the world, Stuart Broad is unplayable on any surface, spinners pick up 5 or 6 wickets on day 1 pitches in South Africa and Sri Lanka and Bangladesh become test powerhouses.

Comment

Originally posted by badgercd View Post
            I agree in general. However, also after too many hours of playing to count, in nearly every save Australia always dip to one of the worst teams in the world, Stuart Broad is unplayable on any surface, spinners pick up 5 or 6 wickets on day 1 pitches in South Africa and Sri Lanka and Bangladesh become test powerhouses.
            It looks like pitches will be improved according to geographical region..

2013 features include:
            "Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces."

I wish they would improve the SA weather! Some areas in SA are summer rainfall, others have dry summers.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
              It looks like pitches will be improved according to geographical region..

2013 features include:
              "Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces."

I wish they would improve the SA weather! Some areas in SA are summer rainfall, others have dry summers.
              I hope you're right, but I'd taken that quote to mean they were just improving the graphics in the highlights rather than making any substantial real in-game improvements.

Comment

Working...
              X