What's inside All Out Cricket - June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's inside All Out Cricket - June 2013

There was an announcement on ICC's FB page a week ago that All Out Cricket magazine's June issue will have an exclusive preview of the ICC 2013 game.I checked today and the June 2013 edition of the magazine is out.Has someone got his hands on it?It's not available here in India,so I,and other non-UK fans,would be pleased if anyone could summarize what's given in the magazine.
    Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
    There was an announcement on ICC's FB page a week ago that All Out Cricket magazine's June issue will have an exclusive preview of the ICC 2013 game.I checked today and the June 2013 edition of the magazine is out.Has someone got his hands on it?It's not available here in India,so I,and other non-UK fans,would be pleased if anyone could summarize what's given in the magazine.
    No idea - and it seems it's £17 to find out (the smallest subscription to AOC is this for 6 months) As I've seen no-one here, Facebook or Twitter talk about it I can only assume no-one has ponied up the money.

I'd like to see this new interface (hope it's less "Junior Angler" than the last). More like FM or OOTP.

Lots I'm looking forward to this time - but some level of pro-active PR that doesn't involve forking out £17 for 6 month sub to a magazine I don't want might be nice.
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Still nothing on the AOC website?, twitter or facebook, I am not paying £17 to get a preview of the game, I have bought every ICC game since the first version, you would have thought the first look at the new game would be on here....marketing I suppose!.

Comment

PR can be a good thing sure, but I have to wonder if there's a better way to do it than to have exclusive information in a magazine that I can't read unless I (as an Australian) shell out 2-3 times as much money as the game will cost me to get my hands on it... I suppose the answer is just to be patient and wait for it to come naturally... Regardless, very much looking forward to the release of the game in July (as per the Facebook page update, odd that they don't seem to be announcing that kind of thing here too...)!

Comment

Release date announced on FB Page.
          And there's surely a preview of the game in the magazine,as they have also shared a link to that issue.

Comment

Release date announced on FB Page.
            And there's surely a preview of the game in the magazine,as they have also shared a link to that issue.
            Is there a date or even month mentioned Anku ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
              No exact date,but July is confirmed.Here's the status:-
              Code:
              Release Date Announcement

We are happy to announce that we are working towards having CC2013 out in time for the Ashes series next month.

This means it will be out on PC, iOS and android.

Further announcements on the release date will be posted on here as soon as we know more.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                well i saw it on facebook.. said to release next month after or during ashes

Comment

What does it say in the magazine? Is the magazine available online?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesDarwini View Post
                    well i saw it on facebook.. said to release next month after or during ashes
                    Hope for devs sake it's not after. Might as well wait till next year if that happens. Football season restarts between 4th and 5th test. At that point cricket here in the uk struggles to get a look in anywhere....ashes or not.
                    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

The whole point of PR is that you build excitement around the GAME so that people get revved up to buy it... not around a magazine that only people who read that specific magazine could get excited about. By restricting it to one source only, you're missing out on other customers, which shouldn't be what a game company should be aiming for. You don't see other game companies attempt this sort of thing; at least it's on several other online websites at the same time.
                      Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                      PR can be a good thing sure, but I have to wonder if there's a better way to do it than to have exclusive information in a magazine that I can't read unless I (as an Australian) shell out 2-3 times as much money as the game will cost me to get my hands on it... I suppose the answer is just to be patient and wait for it to come naturally... Regardless, very much looking forward to the release of the game in July (as per the Facebook page update, odd that they don't seem to be announcing that kind of thing here too...)!

Comment

And we couldn't find a single person from UK who would tell about the preview.This game is dying!

Comment

Is the preview going to be on the AOC website?, I read somewhere that it was.
                          Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

And we couldn't find a single person from UK who would tell about the preview.This game is dying!
                            Sorry - I've been here and sites like Planet Cricket and no-one seems to have seen the preview from the UK.
                            The cross over from AOC and CC seems minimal or there are strict embargos on reporting the preview. Either way, from what I can see, no-one the UK knows anything either. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
                              Is the preview going to be on the AOC website?, I read somewhere that it was.
                              AOC generally post articles on their website a week or two after publication, we're expecting something this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X