Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2013 - Release date

Hi,

We’re in the final stages of testing for the PC release of Cricket Captain 2013, ready for release on Friday the 28th of June (apologies for the confusion caused by the title of the All Out Cricket article). This will have all the new game-play features announced last month, including all-time-greats series, international matches on-line, competition stats, improved match engine and improved new-player generation.

The Android, iOS and Mac versions will be released in July, including these features plus a new interface and new stadium models for the major UK venues.

This year we will also be releasing a 2nd PC version in time for England's Tour of Australia, which will include stats up to the end of the English 2013 cricket season, a new interface and new stadium models.

All versions will be fully compatible, and saved games can be synced using Dropbox.

Chris

Sorry we haven't posted much recently. Andy, Nigel and I have been head down in code for the last few months. The match engine changes are mainly with close-fielding, but I've also improved the scoring-rates and wicket chances in OD/T20 matches. It's subtle, but a massive improvement to the game-play.

I've also made big changes to the way new players are generated, so there should be a much better balance of star youth players around (particularly in Australia).

Comment

Will it be possible to upgrade the June version to the 2nd version. Or, would we be required to buy both?

Comment

The 2nd version will be a separate purchase. As the game will have a completely new database, interface and stadium graphics, it will not be possible to patch between the versions.

Comment

So were the graphics in the AOC article from the 2nd release?

Comment

The graphics in the AOC article are from the iPad game. These will be incorporated into the PC version for the 2nd release.

Comment

Thanks for the news Chris - it sounds very exciting. Is there any movement on the 6 SA franchises being introduced? How about International A teams, in order to make it easier to try out players when managing a nation that doesn't have any domestic simulation?

The close fielding improvements sound fantastic - can't wait! In the features, having more distinct ground characteristics was mentioned. I presume that refers to fast wickets in SA, slow ones in India etc?

Comment

Wait so for the update we have to re-buy the entire game?

Comment

This means the version releasing on 28th will have the same graphics as in the previous version or are we gonna see any difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                    I've also made big changes to the way new players are generated, so there should be a much better balance of star youth players around (particularly in Australia).
                    Please tell me you sorted out the names when you did that?

Also, I can totally understand the reasons for it, but it does seem strange that the PC users get our updates in installments, and have to pay for both. iOS and Android users pay a fraction of the price to start with (again, understandably), and get their interface/stadia immediately. I get that it'll take longer to implement on PC, and this allows you to get it out for Ashes #1, but I think there should at least be a discount for owners of the first game on PC who go to buy the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                      Also, I can totally understand the reasons for it, but it does seem strange that the PC users get our updates in installments, and have to pay for both. iOS and Android users pay a fraction of the price to start with (again, understandably), and get their interface/stadia immediately. I get that it'll take longer to implement on PC, and this allows you to get it out for Ashes #1, but I think there should at least be a discount for owners of the first game on PC who go to buy the second.
                      Agreed, well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                        The graphics in the AOC article are from the iPad game. These will be incorporated into the PC version for the 2nd release.
                        All these days I was excited about the new interface.Pretty sad that we aren't even getting a new interface straightaway.

Still no Associate Teams!!

Any news on the Indian Debit Card Problems?
                        Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Comment

Yes please resolve the debit card issue

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
                          All these days I was excited about the new interface.Pretty sad that we aren't even getting a new interface straightaway.

Still no Associate Teams!!

Any news on the Indian Debit Card Problems?

Comment

Im just gonna wait for the second game to come out on pc! im not paying for 2 games :/

Comment

Will the license be for 2 computers again?

Comment

Working...
                              X