Match Engine Problems (Ipad CC12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Engine Problems (Ipad CC12)

Hey guys, I've recently bought CC 2012 on the Ipad (I would love to buy an updated mac version...) and have enjoyed it. However, I've found some big problems with batsmen intelligence. Players just do not score runs at times, no matter what situation they're in. The match engine has some real problems in this aspect. Using Australia, we were 2-200 at one stage and required 16 runs off the last three overs. What happened? A maiden off the 1st over, two runs off the second and five runs off the third. We had so many wickets in hand, yet continued to defend. That's just one example of many. It would be nice if turning up aggression either allowed some big runs, or wickets to fall.

The game is highly unrealistic in this aspect and I think fixing up a batsman's reaction to aggression changes will fix this issue. It's a bit disappointing.

Unfortunately short-form games are pretty much broken, at least on normal difficulty. Simming them is even worse - sub-200 scores are standard.

Just wait until you play a few years in. Australia's player generation is completely messed up.

I really hope the 2013 version - if it ever comes out on iOS - has addressed the issues.

Comment

Agree with you fully. The OD and T20 Match Engines are terrible. Batsmen do not respond to a change in aggression. Small totals get made to look enormous, whether you lose wickets or not.

The test matches seem to be OK, I've played some superb games there, however it is, like you said, the shorter forms of the game that are terrible and need urgent fixing.

It's fairly annoying since I paid some decent money (for an ipad game anyway) for this game and it isn't working as expected. I really think the devs should consider fixing this problem.

Comment

Tests are okay as long as the AI doesn't get too aggressive when bowling - once they do, prepare for a collapse. They break down once you start using regen players though; good luck winning pretty much anything with Australia after a couple of decades.

You won't get a patch. It's over a year old, and the focus is undoubtedly on getting ICC 13 to iOS, given that's way overdue. They didn't even fix the misspelling of Australia in the Fixtures filter, so they certainly won't overhaul the match engine! As I said, it's hopefully better in 13.
        Last edited by Donners; 02-03-2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donners View Post
          Tests are okay as long as the AI doesn't get too aggressive when bowling - once they do, prepare for a collapse. They break down once you start using regen players though; good luck winning pretty much anything with Australia after a couple of decades.

You won't get a patch. It's over a year old, and the focus is undoubtedly on getting ICC 13 to iOS, given that's way overdue. They didn't even fix the misspelling of Australia in the Fixtures filter, so they certainly won't overhaul the match engine! As I said, it's hopefully better in 13.
          The ipad versions are pretty much broken in several ways. I play IPL for some Youtube let's plays, and the auction for year two brings up all sorts of anomalies on the ipad. You buy duplicate players, players go missing, players bowl two four over spells in a game, a side plays itself... It's a complete mess
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
            The ipad versions are pretty much broken in several ways. I play IPL for some Youtube let's plays, and the auction for year two brings up all sorts of anomalies on the ipad. You buy duplicate players, players go missing, players bowl two four over spells in a game, a side plays itself... It's a complete mess
            Ahah .... Knew you'd surface at some stage mate.

Comment

Working...
            X