X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling issue on laptops: potential fix

Hi all,

So after a bit of discussion with the_trademarc I think we may have found a potential fix for the issue where scrolling with laptop trackpads (and for some users with mouses on laptops) on player lists automatically scrolling from the top of the list to the bottom of the list without stopping (or being able to be stopped).

For those affected can you:

Right click on the game shortcut, select properties and then compatibility tab. Now tick 'run this program in compatibility mode for' and select XP Service Pack 3. Click Apply and OK, might be worth restarting your machine here.

Let me know of results.

Sureshot

I had this issue but did what you said and it was working fine but now it is doing it again... quite annoying when picking international squads as there is a long list.

Comment

Are you sure you clicked apply and ok and then restarted?

Have you checked that it is still set to XP Service Pack 3?

Comment

Well i had the same problem.. its happening to m at the moment

Comment

Yes, it's still happening for me too. I set it to XP Service Pack 3, clicked apply and OK. I do think that's improved the situation - I can look at the player records screen without it happening now. But I still get the problem when I try to select an international squad.

Comment

Thanks guys. I apologise for the issue.

I've been trying to replicate the situation again but I can't, like most of you it worked initially on XP Service Pack 3, running as Admin but now its back to its old tricks.

I'm still working on it so hopefully be able to find a solution for us all soon!
            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Can you guys provide me more information on what platform you're running?

E.g. for me I run Windows 7 Home, 64-bit, 4Gb ram.

This can help me narrow down where the issue lies.

Thanks
              The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Hi,

I've been having this problem on my Windows 8 4GB laptop if that helps.

The XP Service Pack temporary fix seems to have worked from what i've seen so far but then i've hardly played or progressed in the game - not reached international squads etc as yet.

Hope a permanent solution can be found soon, this bug is both significant for us laptop users and extremely disappointing.

Thanks

Comment

This is so annoying for laptop users and like a previous user said very disappointing. I have to keep closing the game down and loading back up to b a able to play properly.

My laptop is a Windows 8, 64-bit, 6GB RAM

Comment

Hmm, does the problem disappear (for a short while I assume?) then if you restart the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                      Hmm, does the problem disappear (for a short while I assume?) then if you restart the game?
                      yes that's correct. if I restart the game then the problem disappears for a while. It is completely random how long it disappears for. Sometimes the problem will disappear for an hour other times it happens again within a couple minutes

Comment

With today's patch live we have added a solution for this problem. In the options menu you will now see the option "Enable mouse wheel", this is set to enable as default, untick this and the scrolling issue should no longer be a problem. This has worked for the machine we've been able to test on.

Of course this does mean you can't use a scroll bar on a trackpad or a scroll wheel on your mouse, but fast scrolling is enabled if you click and hold menu arrows. Essentially this is a driver problem as scroll up messages are being sent when they shouldn't be.

Patch can be obtained by going to Internet Game and following the on-screen instructions, please right click on the game shortcut and select Run As Admin before patching.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                          With today's patch live we have added a solution for this problem. In the options menu you will now see the option "Enable mouse wheel", this is set to enable as default, untick this and the scrolling issue should no longer be a problem. This has worked for the machine we've been able to test on.

Of course this does mean you can't use a scroll bar on a trackpad or a scroll wheel on your mouse, but fast scrolling is enabled if you click and hold menu arrows. Essentially this is a driver problem as scroll up messages are being sent when they shouldn't be.

Patch can be obtained by going to Internet Game and following the on-screen instructions, please right click on the game shortcut and select Run As Admin before patching.
                          It appears that the problem has been resolved. No problems with scrolling at all on the new version. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X